Monday, August 2, 2010

Growing Faster than Weeds

Gita not long after she moved to Kathmandu.

Gita in the late Spring with Michael (look how long her hair is!).

Not sure when this was taken, but I'm guessing Fall since her hair is still quite short.

Valentine's Day 2010

My Christmas present to Gita.


Michael has been updating me here and there about Gita and I'm happy to report it's all good news. She has lots of friends in Kathmandu and is enjoying school. It's been almost exactly a year since I've seen her, and she's aged years. She's actually looking like a 10 year old. It's amazing what substantial food, friends, an education and some TLC can do, and it's shocking how apparent it is in the pictures Michael sends. Go back to my first posts from Nepal and look at her pictures there, then scroll back to the ones above, you can see for yourself...

Cheers to good health and friends!
Laura





No comments: