Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Finally, an Update!

Gita is doing well in Kathmandu (she is the one in blue). Michael says she is well adjusted and making lots of friends. He described her as outgoing but independent, which is dead-on. She recently volunteered to move from Papa's House (the original orphanage) to the new orphanage down the street to help the new girls from Narti get adjusted. Some of her friends and "sisters" were coming from Narti so I'm sure she was excited to be reunited and living with them again. I'm supposed to get a copy of her VERY FIRST report card sometime in the next few weeks. Michael says she is doing well in school and seems to be picking her lessons up quickly. I can't wait to go back and see how much she's learned. When I met her in Narti she didn't know how to hold a pencil, write, color or even draw. It never occurred to me that a child had to be taught how to color and play, especially at nine years old.

Jesse is going back to visit over the holidays and he is bringing all of the children (132 of them in Kathmandu now!) temporary tattoos from me and special gift for Gita. I've written the children letters a few times and they all seem to make there eventually, but sending gifts is out of the question, so I'm very excited.

I'm still working on setting up a fundraiser or two and have two ideas I'd really like to put into action, but the details are still foggy. I'll post my action plan SOON to get these fundraisers up and running for those who are interested in participating.

Wishing you a Healthy and Happy Holiday season!
Laura

2 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

Finally! Not that I didn't know all of this but everyone else will want to see the update on our little spunkster!

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in large starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I started take up real income.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the profit with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]