Monday, March 15, 2010

Driftwood Dash 5K Run/Walk

Hi There!

I hope you will consider joining us for the First Annual Driftwood Dash 5K Run/Walk on April 17th, 2010!

ALL profits benefit Nepal Orphans Home (NOH), a not for profit organization committed to improving the lives of ex-kamlari (slave caste) girls and other orphaned children in Nepal.

I spent a month in Nepal last summer volunteering for NOH and came back determined to help this organization grow. The poverty in Nepal has a crippling effect on families and children and I saw first hand how the volunteers and employees of NOH change lives. Read my blog (below) to learn more about my trip to Nepal and Nepal Orphans Home.

I hope you'll be able to join us in April!

My Best,
Laura

THE DETAILS!

Date: Saturday, April 17, 2010


Time:
8:00 am: Late Registration & Packet Pick-Up

9:00 am: Kids Run
9:30 am: 5K Run/Walk
10:30 am: Raffle

Price:

Pre-Register by April 5, 2010: $25
(includes event t-shirt)
Late Registration after April 5, 2010: $20 (no event t-shirt)
Kids: Free!
Donations: Of Course! You don't have to run to make a contribution.

Where: Driftwood Point Park
Since the park has no official address (I know, really?) follow these directions or drop me an email and I baby step you there.

Take Sumner-Tapps Highway to Driftwood Drive, follow until you end at the park.


REGISTRATION FORMS
It never occurred to me that I wouldn't be able to attach/link a PDF to my blog, but apparently I can't (or just don't know how). So, if you want a registration form drop me an email and I'll shoot one over to you! LHandy17@gmail.com

Other Stuff:
  • All entrants will receive a raffle ticket to win great prizes from our sponsors. Additional raffle tickets will be sold at the registration table for $1.00 or 7 tickets for $5.00. All proceeds from the raffle go directly to Nepal Orphans Home.
  • Since this is my first year organizing this type of event, I didn't want to get in over my head. Therefore, this event will be UNOFFICIALLY TIMED. It's not the Boston Marathon so I didn't think anyone would be too upset. However, your unofficial times will be posted here after the race.
  • Oh, yeah and the Driftwood Dash isn't exactly a 5K...but it's really close.
  • MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO NEPAL ORPHANS HOME.
A huge THANK YOU to our SPONSORS!
  • Mt. Tahoma Fitness -Lakeland, Auburn, WA
  • Edge Hot Yoga Studio, Puyallup, WA
  • Puyallup Playcare Center, Puyallup, WA
  • Forest Canyon Coffee, Lake Tapps, WA
  • Salon Bella Dea, Auburn, WA
  • H & S Printworks, Puyallup, WA
  • ExploreNewHomes.com, Pierce County, WA
  • Driftwood Point Home Owners Association, Lake Tapps, WA

Come out and run (or walk) with us. It's a good time for a great cause!

2 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

We'll be there huffin' and puffin'!

Anonymous said...

i enjoy exactly how you receive your level throughout