Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Finally, More Pictures

I've been home for almost a month now and am just now getting around to posting a few more pictures. Enjoy these and I'll post some "final thoughts" about my trip soon. Keep checking back, I'm hoping to host a fundraiser for the Nepal Orphans Home soon. -Laura

Jesse, Aleisha and I cram into a cab to avoid a down poor with Vinod (front seat), Aleisha's Nepalese boyfriend. They are the nicest people I've ever met.

Gita and I trying to hide from the heat in the middle of the day. Narti, Nepal

The girls learn to paint for the first time. They loved it, but many were intimidated at first. Some of the girls took 3-4 hours to complete their art.

I visited the family of a girl I met at the hostel. She was visiting a friend at the hostel and invited me to stay with her in Lamahi, a nearby village. Laxmi's mother is on the right along with her cousin and her baby.

A scene from Narti. The village is minimistically beautiful, but speaks to the poverty level.

As I mentioned before, I got a souvenir. My tatoo means "Lucky One" and is written in Nepali.

No comments: