Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Came Home to Surprises!


Hi all, I'm home and am just getting a bearing on the time change, but still don't have my head wrapped around my trip yet. Maddie (my dog) went missing while I was gone and I've been readjusting to the time change, so I haven't had time to think much. Over the next week or so I'll write a final reflection of my trip. But, in the mean time, I have good news.


Yesterday was my 28th Birthday, and the day I got engaged.

Yesterday I went to lunch with Mom and Kara for my birthday. I came home around 3 and Justin met me in the driveway and covered my eyes as we came into the house. When I opened them there was a Noble Christmas tree fully decorated with lights and all, included about 70 pictures from over the past four years we've been together. I just thought is was a very creative birthday present, since Justin knows I love Christmas and pictures. I said, "Wow, it is like Christmas in July! Thank you!" and wondered around the tree a few times looking at the pictures. Finally, Justin pulled me away from the tree and said something to the extent of "Ever since the Christmas we met my life has been amazing and I love you so much...(there was more, but it's a little hazy)" and I was saying things like, "Aw, I feel the same way" and "me too" never suspecting this was a proposal. We've been apart for a month while I was gone and have been disgustingly affectionate over the past two days because of it, so I didn't think anything of it. Justin also has a strict policy about mixing occasions, so I never suspected a proposal on my birthday. I looked up and he was crying and he said, "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" and was shoving a ring (gorgeous!) on my finger. At that point I just kept saying "Oh my God, Oh my God." We hugged for a minute and I yelled, "Ask me so I can say YES!" He did, I said yes.



No comments: