Saturday, July 11, 2009

As I Promised... Pictures from Narti

Here are a few pictures, but the internet is slow so I couldn't include many.  Enjoy and I'll see you soon! 
: )  Laura


Receiving Tika, a farewell blessing, from Karmu and the rest of the girls before leaving.


Jesse and I right before boarding the bus and waving good-bye.


Gita and Sumjhana, the littlest girls, after enjoying a rare treat of Pepsi, cheese balls & caramel.


Irmela's gift of henna (my arm's not broken, I'm just too lazy to rotate the picture).


This is Gita, my favorite little girl.  


The girls getting ready to leave the picnic...half rode in the bus, half rode on the bus. 


The girls cooking at the picnic we threw them on the 4th of July.  It is unbelievable how well they can cook at their ages with only an open fire and pan.  Maybe it's because they lack McDonalds.
 

The Lawajuni Girl's Hostel in Narti where I stayed and worked.





2 comments:

Kara and Colin said...

Those pics are great. Gita is a cutie...maybe you can bring her home to us? ;) Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures...have a safe flight home!

Chris Nimick said...

Wow, it all looks really amazing, you look great in your tike picture, not at all greasy looking or like you might smell like poopy water! ;o) Gita looks just so bright and smiling,I can see what you see in her, what a beautiful people.
We miss you a lot, especially your boyfriend , my son! Hes kind of well, a little grumpy, so I for one will be glad to get you home.
Be safe, live it well.Hurry home.
Love Chris-Mom.2